Saadani national park is the only national park where a variety of animals can be seen walking by the Indian Ocean beach towards a nearby water hole for a drink. This unique sanctuary hosts a variety of game; elephants, lions, antelopes, giraffes, leopard and many more. Visitors can enjoy boat trips along Wami River, excellent way for bird watching, viewing hippos and crocodiles basking along the river shores. Guided Walking safaris also available.
- 3 days Self Drive rental, Category Intermediate (e.g. 4WD enabled Nissan XTRAIL, RAV4 etc)
- Pick-up (and return) car at Mwai Kibaki Road – Mikocheni A or Dar es Salaam Airport (JNIA)
- 1,000:- KM free of charge, with excess KM for only USD 0,50 per KM
- Comprehensive Insurance
- 24 hours 7 days roadside assistance
- Park Entry fee: USD 20:- per person (passport required) & USD 20 for car entry fee.
- Tour guide fee (available at TANAPA office within Saadani National Park): USD 5:-
- Boat Safari on Wami River USD 30:- per person
- Car rental fuel
- Lodging/ Accommodation/ hotel costs (advance booking highly advised)
- Personal travel insurance
Orange Drive day plan
Departure to Saadani, dinner & (night guided tour of the game/ wildlife) overnight at selected camp within the park.
Breakfast, early morning game viewing (best time to spot animals hunting/ grazing). Lunch at selected camp. Visit of the local Saadani village, learn the history since colonial times, local culture etc. Enjoy the beach, Dinner & overnight at selected camp.
Breakfast & early morning boat trip on Wami River for bird watching & view wildlife supported by the river (crocodile, hippos). Enjoy the beach or drive back to Dar es Salaam.
Enjoy the Experience with XCAR